Silver Star

As the project landscape architects for the adjacent Port Hedland Art Gallery EPCΛD were subsequently appointed again by BHP via FORM to work on the next adjacent public works project. This being the re-siting and refurbishment of the Silver Star, a 1930’s train carriage with a long history of working the railways of both North America and its final home in the Pilbara. The project involved the total refurbishment of the external structure, returning it to its former glory, and converting the interior into a café.  

EPCΛD designed, documented and managed the construction of all the external spaces around the carriage and the adjacent structure ‘Bangers Bungalow’ which was a BHP office. The landscape was designed to form a crucial link between the gallery, café and offices creating shaded areas to recreate in the hot Pilbara sun.

  • Early concept designs
  • Irrigation designs
  • Place creation
  • Full design development, documentation and contract administration

Visit: